The OBDLink® app evaluates how your vehicle meets certain emissions standards for your state (vehicles in the United States only). Follow the steps in this article to select your state and review the monitor results.
Before you begin, be sure to:
- Start your vehicle and connect your phone/tablet to your OBDLink adapter.
- Make sure your phone/tablet is not streaming to any other Bluetooth/BLE devices.
- Confirm that your phone/tablet is Connected to the OBDLink adapter.
- On the Home screen, tap Monitors.
- You will see the Monitor Tests screen.
Note: If you are not connected to your vehicle, no results are displayed.
Select the readiness standard for your state. Not all states have a readiness standard, so your state may not be in the list. The default readiness standard is None.
Tap Menu > Readiness Standard (iOS) or the Menu icon (Android) in the upper right corner.
Select the readiness standard for your state and your vehicle.
You will see the monitor test results on the screen. Scroll to see the complete list of test results.
- Tap O2 Sensors to view the oxygen sensors screen.
Most vehicles with model years earlier than 2008 will show data here. Newer vehicles will show oxygen sensor data on the Mode $06 tab.
Tap Mode $06 to view on-board monitoring.
You will see a warning message similar to the one shown below. Tap Yes when you’re ready to continue.
Scroll to see the complete list of test results.
Tap Mode $09 to view vehicle information. Scroll to see the complete list of information.
- The OBDLink Diagnostics report also captures Monitor data. For details, see the Get Started with Diagnostics article.
Need more help?
OBDLink® is a registered trademark of OBD Solutions, LLC.