The OBDLink® app displays several dashboards and diagnostic gauges by default, including engine RPM and speed. Follow the steps in this article to edit dashboards and add new gauges.
Your OBDLink adapter can be in the Not Connected state while you add and edit dashboard gauges in the OBDLink app. However, we recommend that you do these steps while connected via the OBDLink app, because the OBDLink app will show you all the displays your vehicle will report data for. (Before it is connected to your vehicle, the OBDLink app will display all the PIDs it can access, some of which may not be available for your vehicle.)
To access the OBDLink app dashboards, tap the Dashboards icon from the app's main screen.
Note: In this article, iOS screenshots are shown on the left and Android screenshots are shown on the right.
The default dashboards and gauges are displayed. Swipe to see all the dashboard pages.
Edit existing gauges
To modify the configuration for an existing gauge, press and hold the gauge until the Edit Display menu is shown.
You can modify the following characteristics for a gauge:
- Size and Location: Manually adjust the size and location of the gauge. Note that the values used here are based on percentages of the dashboard size. Currently, the gauges must be square and the lesser of the width and height dimensions is used.
- Display Configuration: Update the displayed title and PID, number of decimals used for the value displayed, and min/max values for the range (radial gauges only).
- Style: Update the color, label size and location, bevel properties, and other style related characteristics of a gauge. Note that the style for a gauge can be stored and reused from the Menu option in the top right corner of the style editor.
- Change Display Type: Select between a radial and digital gauge.
- Bring to Front: If a gauge overlaps another gauge, this can be used to adjust the Z-order to bring this gauge to the front.
- Send to Back: If a gauge overlaps another gauge, this can be used to adjust the Z-order to send this gauge to the back.
- Remove Display: Deletes the gauge from the dashboard. You must confirm this action before the app deletes the gauge.
- Drag and Move: Use your finger to adjust the position of the gauge within the dashboard.
- Reset Min/Max (radial gauges only): Reset the minimum and maximum indicator values displayed on the gauge.
Edit a dashboard
Open the Dashboard Configuration menu as described below.
|Tap the Menu icon|
in the upper right corner.
|Tap the Menu icon (3 vertical dots)|
in the lower left corner.
You will see a list of configuration options that you can make.
- Add Display: Adds a new gauge to the current dashboard page.
- Add Dashboard: Adds an empty dashboard page to the list of dashboard pages.
- Remove Dashboard: Removes the current dashboard page from the list of dashboard pages.
- Dashboard Settings: (iOS only) Updates the dashboard background color.
- Load Default Dashboards: Replaces the existing dashboard set with the default dashboards.
- Toggle HUD Mode: Enables your device to be used as a heads up display by mirroring the screen.
- Calibrate Device Sensors: Compensates device roll, pitch, and yaw for the current device position.
- In the OBDLink app, tap Settings > Help > Dashboard Management to learn more. You can set up custom dashboards for different vehicles and reorder dashboards to suit your needs.
- Learn how to show your vehicle’s transmission temperature in the Display Transmission Temperature Gauge article.
Need more help?
OBDLink® is a registered trademark of OBD Solutions, LLC.